Hello, Ladies! Lots of you ask for my makeup secrets to look Youthful...well, I do have a little bag of tricks / tips. Here you go!
The most radiant, beautiful skin has a subtle sheen so stay away from anything matte, full coverage, or heavy. I use only Tinted Moisturizer. If that is not enough coverage for you, then go ahead and mix it with a little foundation...but chooses a natural finish, light coverage type. Don't look old, dull and have makeup annunciating your wrinkles. Wrinkles are a sign of our journey, but let's not accentuate them!
Concealer: It will help you look well-rested and will brighten your look. Cancel out redness by tapping a few dots of your concealer under the eyes and even on top of your lids. Be Gentle! You want to show off your natural skin texture as much as possible. I apply mine with a fluffy little brush, using dabbing motions. I love the New Healthy Skin Duo Concealer! Put the light shade on first to "correct". Follow with the darker shade to "conceal".
Oily?: If you absolutely must take away some shine, stick with colorless pressed powder, which will diffuse the light without altering color. Apply with a big fluffy brush and blend!
The Glow: To make your face look like it's glowing from within, dab a cream blush across the apples of your cheeks, then blend it along your cheekbones. I like to tap the excess from my fingers into the cease on my upper lid for a TOTAL glow!
Cream: eyeshadows are great. They're finger-paint fun to apply, easy to wear, when they stay, they stay. And, so youthful!
Powder: While the moist consistency of cream shadow seems to be a better choice, don't rule out silky powders in your favorite shades. Make sure they are silky, not matte.
Also, red eyes destroy a luminous look, but toxins in the environment or dry eyes can cause unpleasant redness. Keep a bottle of eye drops handy. Squeeze a few drops in each eye BEFORE applying makeup, to avoid makeup running. The clearer your eyes look, the brighter the rest of your face appears.
More Glow: Lightly spritz your face with a botanical facial mist. Hydrated skin looks really youthful. I love New Healthy Skin Purifying Facial Mist with Lavender, Aloe, and Rosemary. Do this whenever you want a beautiful moist look or if you makeup is looking dry or creasy.
Okay, ladies...nothing complicated. Looking glowy and youthful is easy and, I think it's fun! No "old lady" look for us!
THE HORMONE BALANCE SECRET WEAPON! Your Liver!
Your liver does a lot more than break down toxins and help you digest food - it also helps regulates estrogen and keeps hormone levels in balance. As well as keeping metabolism, blood sugar and energy levels in balance. Yes, this small organ is an estrogen detox organ and helps your body "dump" toxic estrogens. To keep this hardworking organ in tiptop shape, I urge you to support your liver with Milk Thistle...your liver's new BFF.
Milk Thistle is packed with silymarin, an active compound that protects the liver from toxins and helps it do its important job. Also, Milk Thistle can regenerate damaged liver tissue. So if you have a compromised liver, which is common after the age of 50, you can cut your risk of liver problems by at least 43% and stimulate the production of new liver cells to replace older, damaged cells. Just 300mg. daily is all you need! AND this is not a costly supplement!
Find my favorite milk thistle here: http://bhnformulas.com/milk-thistle.html
Feeling depressed or anxious? Both?
Published: Friday, August 12, 2016
Feeling Depressed or Anxious? Or Both?
There is a natural combo that can help: 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine
Combining L-Tyrosine with 5-HTP can restore emotional balance. Adding L-Tyrosine to 5-HTP supplementation helps to restore all of the main neurochemicals relating to positive mood. This combination is gaining popularity as a depression treatment. The pairing is far gentler than prescription drugs like Prozac or Lexapro, and recent studies indicate it may even be more effective. L-Tyrosine also helps with fatigue, weight gain, and low libido.
The combination of mental energy and personal confidence which the combo delivers is the perfect antidote to social anxiety, and makes it easy to interact with other people or even to speak in front of large groups. The combo of L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP provides a calming and focusing effect for people suffering from ADHD, palpitations, clammy hands, and butterflies in the stomach.
Cognition & Memory Problems?
In addition to the powerful mood lift that these two compounds can deliver, users will also enjoy the added cognitive benefits that L-Tyrosine is famous for. Not only does L-Tyrosine boost energy and motivation, it also improves memory and recall, makes concentration easier and contributes to "fluid intelligence". Your synapses will be flowing freely and your memory lapses and difficulty concentrating can disappear.
Is supplementing L-Tyrosine with 5-HTP safe?
Both of these natural supplements are well-tolerated by most people. Side effects are not reported with moderate doses.
Also, feeling blue is sometimes a normal reaction to events, but we have been taught that we must be forever cheerful. Sometimes life deals you a blow, I know, but don't take prescription drugs that you do not need. Natural supplements can see you through!
Not depressed, but feeling blah all the time?
You might need a Serotonin boost!
According to researchers, if 2 or more of these statements are true, the answer could be yes:
1) I'm often tired & sluggish
2) I have trouble falling asleep &/or staying asleep
3) I tend to crave sweets &/or carbs
4) Even after filling meals, I will get the munchies
5) I often feel stressed, irritable, anxious or blah.
Friends, I take 100 mg of 5-HTP every night. It truly is the happiness/anti-craving supplement. Give it a try!
And I DON'T want it for you!
Let's stick to "God's Pharmacy"!
I care about you!
Top 10 Reasons to get off Synthetic Hormones
Published: Wednesday, July 27, 2016
TOP 10 REASONS TO GET OFF SYNTHETIC HORMONES
1. On July 9, 2002, the National Institutes of Health HALTED a landmark scientific study of synthetic hormone replacement therapy (Premarin and Provera) because they found that synthetic estrogen / progestin therapy resulted in: 41% increased risk of stroke, 29% increased risk of heart attack, 26% increased risk of breast cancer and a doubled rate of blood clots in the legs and lungs when compared to women on no hormone therapy.
2. Premarin is not "natural" to the human body. It is made from pregnant mare's urine. The generic name for Premarin is conjugated equine estrogen. There are hundreds of different horse estrogen compounds contained in Premarin, which are foreign to the human body. Also, Premarin contains large amounts of Estrone, which can stimulate breast cells. In 1995 the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology published a study stating that long-term AND short-term users of Premarin had a 40% risk of acquiring breast cancer.
3. The 1995 Nurses' Health Study showed that women taking synthetic estrogen alone had a 36% increased risk of breast cancer; those on synthetic estrogen plus progestin had a 50% increase; those on progestins alone had a 240% increased risk of acquiring breast cancer! Women who, at the time of the study, had been taking estrogen and progestin for 5-10 years had a 45% increased risk. This study is one of the largest done to date. Older age was associated with a higher risk.
4. Feb 13, 2002 - Journal of the American Medical Society - study of HRT in Relation to Breast Cancer. Results showed that longer use of HRT was associated with increased risk of breast cancer. The incidence of breast cancer was increased by 60% to 85% in recent long-term users of HRT.
5. HRT does NOT protect the heart as previously stated. Mainstream medical doctors use the rationale that elevated cancer risks are balanced by the fact that these estrogens protect against heart disease and osteoporosis. In April, 2000, a federal study of 25,000 women indicated that conventional HRT may put women at a higher risk of heart attack and stroke.
6.The estrogen, "estriol" is completely missing from most forms of conventional HRT. Estriol protects the body from the proliferative effects (causing cells to multiply) and is especially protective against breast cancer. To learn more, see Dr. John Lee's book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You about Breast Cancer" (ProHELP & Menopause Crème are recommended in this book).
7. Commercially available estrogen patches and gels contain 100% estradiol which is the most potent of all the estrogens. It is bio-identical but lacks estriol, a "weaker" estrogen that can confer protection of breast tissue. Many patches issue the warning: ESTROGENS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO INCREASE THE RISK OF ENDOMETRIAL CARCINOMA IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMEN. So...If you are on Estradiol please, please, please balance it with progesterone to protect your breasts!
8. Synthetic hormone drugs have unwanted and sometimes dangerous side effects because their altered structure results in altered actions on the cells and tissues of the body. Two new studies show SYNTHETIC HORMONE THERAPY IS LINKED TO BRAIN SHRINKAGE. The studies show that commonly prescribed forms of postmenopausal hormone therapy may slightly accelerate the loss of brain tissue in women 65 and older beyond what normally occurs with aging.
9. A side effect of synthetic hormones is weight gain, especially around the middle, hips and thighs (the classic "pear-shaped" weight gain). The average weight gain in women who were placed on synthetic hormones was between 20-30 pounds, sometimes even more!
10.Studies have demonstrated the benefits of bio-identical estrogen, progesterone and testosterone, including improved bone/joint/ligament health, control of hot flashes and vaginal dryness, cardiovascular benefits, enhancement of brain function (memory, mood), and skin thickness. Over the past 30 years in